- The reality of life is that life is hard and unfair and not very forgiving.
- There are people in your life today that really don’t know you or understand you.
- Many of your failures or your successes have come as a result of how others see you and not as you really are.
- Too often we spent our time trying to change but what we need to work on is our perception as how others see us.
- If you don’t like the outcome that life has been sending your way then take a look at not how you see yourself but how do others see you.
Matthew 16:13-18 (KJV)
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
I am the same individual who spent last week sharing from the beach yet some views had perception of reality that was based on my surrounding. This morning I wish I knew the thoughts of those reading this. There will be a different perception from those who follow me on FB.
Although Jesus was OK with who he was Jesus still was concerned about how others saw him.
What Jesus knew was that what Peter knew did not come from Peter but from the Lord. Peter knew who Jesus really was.
There are people in your life today that really don’t know you. They have defined you either on your past failures, your background, family history, your financial status or your success in life.
There are things that you have done good or bad that is not a representation of who you really are.
Resist the temptation to do nothing. Take some action—any kind of action. Try to think of creative ways to take advantage of the seasons in which you are in today.
Pray today that God will send people into your life that can know the real you!