My prayer today is Lord give me the spirit of Joshua to serve you.
There are those who have gone forth to make serving the Lord more desirable to the eyes. This is OK but somewhere in life you are not going to win every battle. Somewhere in life you will fail.
And those times of failure you will want to question God just as Job did. But God reminded Job when He created the universe Job was not present.
God my prayer is that my eyes will be on you Lord in the good times as well as the bad times.
Joshua 24:15 (NIV)
15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Success or failure does not change who the Lord of host is. In my life I have witness God in more than one way. In the Old Testament God has been recognized as:
• YHWH-Yireh — “The Lord will provide” (Genesis 22:13-14)
• YHWH-Rapha — “The Lord that healeth” (Exodus 15:26)
• YHWH-Niss”i — “The Lord our Banner” (Exodus 17:8-15)
• YHWH-Shalom — “The Lord our Peace” (Judges 6:24)
• YHWH-Ra-ah — “The Lord my Shepherd” (Psalm 23:1)
• YHWH-Tsidkenu — “The Lord our Righteousness” (Jeremiah 23:6)
• YHWH-Shammah — “The Lord is present” (Ezekiel 48:35)
In the New Testament Luke said he came to set the captives free. I know him as a deliver. I choose to serve him today because he is God and no other reason.