Our prayers life needs to start with right thinking. The way to start with right thinking is to clear oneself of wrong thinking.
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:
- Doubts, fears and catastrophizing: the phenomenon of letting one bad thought color the rest of our thinking
- Fantasizing: imagining the worst is likely to happen and directing all our thoughts to planning for it
- Self-deprecating: letting mistakes and failures lead us to believe we’re not good enough
- Remembering the worst: worrying about something we did in the past that we can’t change
- Confusion: having no clear goals or plans
- Reactive thinking: thinking in habitual or limiting ways
- Distraction: the inability to concentrate and direct our thoughts at will.